In 2019, Project Anime focused on the partnerships between Japanese content professionals and the Hollywood film industry. At the Tokyo conferences, Legendary Entertainment and SUNRISE announced its plans for a live-action Gundam film. In addition, Project Anime also released its first White Paper on the state of the manga market, authored by Dallas Middaugh of Nonlinear World.
March 22, 2019 at The Landmark Square
Matt Schley hosts a conversation with Ken Iyadomi of SUNRISE and Robert Napton of Legendary Pictures about the two companies’ collaboration on the upcoming Gundam movie.
Keynote session covered on Anime News Network!
- Guest Acquisition and Handling
- How to Market Japanese IP at U.S. Conventions
- 360 Anime: How U.S. Companies are Handling a Lot More Than Just Streaming Rights
July 2 – 3, 2019 at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
KEYNOTE: Spotlight on… Elie Dekel, Executive Vice President Brand Development & Consumer Products at Legendary Entertainment
Elie Dekel has been involved with some of the most influential and well known Japanese properties in the world, including Godzilla and Power Rangers. Dallas Middaugh talks with him about his many interesting experiences and behind-the-scenes stories.
Keynote session covered on Below The Line News!
- Where Hollywood Meets Anime
- How to Pitch to Japan
- Adapting Japanese Properties for a Western Audience
- The Role of the Independent Producer
- Creative Differences: When East Meets West
- Anime Movies in Japan
- The Growth of Anime Events
- Sponsorships and Advertisements for Events
- Working with Japan: Assets and Guest Relations
- Fashion Programming for Japanese Culture Events
- Esports and the the Importance of Telling A Good Story
- Anime Cons in the #MeToo Era
- Crisis Center: Preparing for the Unexpected
- Acquiring and Funding Concerts
- Bootlegs and How to Deal with Them
- Social Media Management & Community Management